|Join St. John’s For Worship This Sunday, May 16th |
St. John’s will gather for worship this Sunday, May 16th, at our regular service times of 8:30AM or 11:00AM. You may worship in-person at either service or join us on our YouTube site for the live-stream worship experience at 11:00AM. We hope your plans for Sunday include worshiping with us as we continue to proclaim the risen Lord.
Beginning this Sunday, May 16th, we are no longer asking you to RSVP to let us know you will be attending in-person at one of our services. This is one of the changes recommended by our COVID-19 Task Force and approved by the Vestry. Additional changes approved by the Vestry include:
– ushers will no longer seat you as you enter the church, unless you need assistance. As you enter, please feel free to sit in any of the designated open pews. These are marked by a piece of red tape on the floor by the pew door, and the pew will also have a cushion.
– Cushions have been placed in the pews that are available for seating.
COVID-19 Protocols remaining in place are:
– the doors to the church will open 15 minutes before the service begins,
– the wearing of face masks while in the church and the practice of social distancing remain,
– congregational singing of the hymns has not resumed, and
– ushers will continue to dismiss the congregation at the conclusion of the service.
We do ask that if you have experienced any of the warning signs for exposure to the coronavirus, please stay home to monitor your health and watch our worship service on-line. The Sacrament of Holy Communion is celebrated and available.
The scripture lessons for our worship service for the Seventh Sunday of Easter are:
Acts 1:15-17, 21-26
1 John 5:9-13
The hymns for our worship service include:
WOV 801 Thine the Amen, Thine the Praise (vs 1, 4)
LBW 367 Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation (vss 1, 4)
LBW 170 Crown Him with Many Crowns (vss 1, 4)
The altar flowers are given to the glory of God in loving memory of Rhoda Reenstjerna Morton Hall and William B. Rea, III by Mr. and Mrs. William B. Rea, Jr. and family, Dr. and Mrs. Peter S. Creticos and family, and Mr. and Mrs. Randall E. Brown.
We invite you to join us as we gather before God to offer him our prayers, praise, and thanksgiving. Proclaim with us “Alleluia! Christ is risen. He is risen indeed. Alleluia!” The link to our internet site is:
It is now possible to contribute to St. John’s through online giving. Check our website for the link to a secure online giving platform. If you have any questions about contributing online to St. John’s, please call Carole, 843-723-2426.